WHERE LEADERS ARE MADE
Don’t Be Left Out! Join Your Fellow Members at the Conference. Improve your skills!
· Darren LaCroix, world champion speaker, gives an educational keynote on
“Speaking Outside of Toastmasters for Fun, Profit, and Club Building!”
See Darren’s intro here
· Table Topics Contest
· International Speech Contest to determine who will represent us in Washington, DC.
· Darren LaCroix presents an outstanding talk on “How to Create a Powerful Presentation” – you DO NOT want to miss this chance to learn how to make your speeches get the audience’s attention.
· Nine additional educational sessions, done as TED-style talks.
· In-depth Evaluation Workshop – learn better methods for your club.
· Hall of Fame Ceremony, Individual, Club, and Division goal achievement will be recognized from the stage.
· Plus good food, and chances to network with your fellow members.
At the Friday Night Showcase on May 13, 2016, at the California Maritime Academy, Darren LaCroix will be both entertaining and informative. If you don’t want to return to your home after the wonderful Friday Night Showcase you can stay at the California Maritime Academy for $50.
Speaking of achieving one’s goals, ten clubs earned the Director’s Grand Slam Award by meeting the goals to become President’s Distinguished by or before April 15, 2016. Those clubs were:
Southern Marin Toastmasters
Also twenty additional clubs reached Select Distinguished by April 15, 2016. They were entered into a drawing and five of those clubs will also be awarded four reduced admissions to the Spring Conference. Those Clubs are:
Toast on the Hill
City Speech Toastmasters
Pleasanton Community Club
Congratulations on meeting your goals!
District 57 is the only Toastmasters District in the world that we know of that has a television show of it’s own! Toastmaster Time TV is a unique opportunity for members of our district to get experience speaking on a real television set, with everything that goes with it. From bright lights, being microphoned, and speaking to the camera, it’s a valuable experience we’re lucky to have available to us. Speeches you give on TMTV are for credit in your manuals, too! For information about speaking on TMTTV, visit their website at ToastmasterTime.com. See episodes and other clips at Toastmaster Time TV’s youtube page.
The District 57 Trio of leaders are the District Director, Club Growth Director; and Program Quality Director. These three took time and energy writing us a roadmap to success! Please, take time to read it. You might find out you learn something about our district goals or leadership.
Click Here for the full calendar
Copyright © 2016 Toastmasters District 57
The names "Toastmasters International," "Toastmasters," and the Toastmasters International emblem are trademarks protected in the United States, Canada, and other countries where Toastmasters Clubs exist. Unauthorized use is prohibited. The information on this web site is for the sole use of Toastmaster members, for Toastmaster business only. It is not to be used for solicitation and distribution of non-Toastmasters materials or information.